We are now entering a new season of what will now be known as the Deacon Discovery Process. Indian Springs Baptist Church members are requested to assist in the discovery of new deacons for the upcoming year beginning January 1, 2021.
Please follow the guidelines below in submitting your names:
Remember the role of a Deacon as outlined in Acts 6:
1) Prioritize ministry needs.
2) Protect church unity.
3) Propel ministry multiplication.
Remember the guiding text in 1 Timothy 3:8-13
Deacons, likewise, should be worthy of respect, not hypocritical, not drinking a lot of wine, not greedy for money, holding the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. They must also be tested first; if they prove blameless, then they can serve as deacons. Wives, too, must be worthy of respect, not slanderers, self-controlled, faithful in everything. Deacons are to be husbands of one wife, managing their children and their own households competently. For those who have served well as deacons acquire a good standing for themselves and great boldness in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.
1) Christlike in Behavior
2) Biblical in Belief
3) Tested in Action
4) Faithful at Home
5) Full of the Spirit and Wisdom
• After much prayer and thought, submit recommended names who are not presently ordained (download the form below to see names).
• To aid your prayer and thoughts, a list of current ordained men in the church is included below as well as on the attached discovery form. All men listed below are already candidates. You need not suggest them again. Please note, for health reasons or other concerns, some ordained men have asked their name be removed from consideration. Only suggest names of men who are qualified and NOT listed below.
• After submission of names, the Deacon Body will determine the nominee’s willingness to serve and status in meeting scriptural qualifications after which a list will be presented to the church for affirmation.
• Name suggestions must be submitted by October 25, 2020.
• Turn your completed list of names in at the office or give it to an active deacon.
Click HERE to download the form.