We will try to keep this page updated with our latest response and plans as it relates to ISBC's role in mitigating the spread of this virus in our communmity.
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
- Click link below to view the letter detailing our new procedures in light of the current state of spread and outbreak in Tennessee and Governor Bill Lee's Executive Order #70: https://mailchi.mp/isbc/urgent-invitation-to-virtual-summit-13318562
Friday, July 10, 2020
- Click link below to view the letter responding to the Sullivan County mask mandate: https://mailchi.mp/isbc/guidelines-and-registration-info-for-reopening-phase-12596882
Friday, May 22, 2020
- Click link below to view the letter detailing the ISBC Phase 1 Reopening Information and Guidelines. https://mailchi.mp/isbc/guidelines-and-registration-info-for-reopening-phase-1
- Click HERE to download the guidelines.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
Click link below to view the letter from May 14:
Thursday, April 30, 2020
Click link below to view the letter from April 30:
Monday, March 30, 2020
Click link below to read the letter from March 30:
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Click Here to read the letter from March 17:
1. Services will be held at 9 and 11 a.m.
2. We are limited to the number of people we can have in the sanctuary for services, so pre-registration is requested. Please follow this link and let us know which service you would like to attend and the number of people in your group. (Link here)
3. Seats are marked for family units of various sizes with spacing considerations in place. Pre-registration also helps planning for where families may sit.
4. You will be notified if the sanctuary has reached capacity for the service you have requested to attend.
5. If numbers in the lobby exceed the ability to enter and keep recommended distancing suggestions, please wait under the main entrance portico until directed in by a greeter.
6. There will be greets and ushers in place to help direct you to available seats.
7. As you enter and exit your row, please be mindful of other attendees and choose the “path of least resistance” to minimize close proximity and contact.
8. We will not be passing the plate for offering. There will be boxes for tithes and offerings at the entrance door and as attendees leave.
9. The re-opening consists of worship services only. There will be no on-site Sunday School bible study for adults or children and there will be no children’s activities or nursery program during the first phase.
10. With no childcare, children are welcome in the services, but we ask parents to please help their children maintain social distancing parameters.
11. Face coverings are not required but are perfectly acceptable and encouraged if it enhances your comfort level.
12. It is recommended that those listed in vulnerable populations: 65-and-over; people with health conditions, immunocompromised or both; those with certain disabilities; individuals suffering with serious respiratory or cardiovascular conditions avoid attending during this first phase of re-opening.
13. Temperature of attendees will not be checked. So, if you are symptomatic, have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, or traveled to a hot spot in the previous two weeks, please continue to isolate at home.
14. For those who do attend, please limit close personal contact. As difficult as it is, please minimize or eliminate hugging and shaking hands.
15. Please do not share food or drinks.
16. Coffee stations will not be open.
17. During phase one, the upstairs of the education wing is not being used. Please do not access that area as that adds to the sanitization needs.
18. To prevent ingress and egress crossing, all those attending worship must enter the main lobby entrance. Please maintain proper distance from others while waiting to inform a greeter or usher how many are in your party. Seats will be identified as quickly as possible.
19. All those exiting the 9 a.m. worship service are asked to keep recommended distancing while leaving the area through the double doors to the left of the sanctuary. Proceed down the hall through the children’s area and exit the building from the north portico doors.
20. In order to properly sanitize the sanctuary for the 11 a.m. service, please do this as quickly as possible.
21. If you want to mingle, please do so once you are outside the building while maintaining distancing recommendations.
22. Please limit bathroom use if possible.
23. If you do need the facilities, please wash hands thoroughly.
24. Please use hand sanitizer and wash hands often.
We are seeking to address the needs of some in our body in unique ways. We have created an online form for anyone in the church or anyone you may know outside the church who may need special attention during this time of self-quarantine, especially those who are immunosuppressed and in a high-risk category.
Should anyone need basic necessities such as medications to be picked up and delivered or need groceries/food picked up and delivered, this form is for you. You can click on the logo to the left, or you can link to it here: bit.ly/ISBCneeds