April 9, 2021
Children's Minister / Director
ISBC is seeking to hire a full-time Children's Minister / Director to help lead children and their family to #GrowWithTheFlow through our four pillars of practice of Worship, Connect, Serve, and Share.
Click on the link below to view and/or download the job description:
Below, you can read the job description. Please forward your resumé with cover letter to Pastor Kevin Triplett by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISBC Children’s Minister/Director – Job Description
• Using Scripture as the base and combining the aspects of Worship, Connect, Serve and Share, the Children’s Minister/Director is charged with ministering to the preschool and elementary aged children and family members of Indian Springs Baptist Church and community.
• Oversee, plan and execute spiritually sound, creative, fun and challenging learning opportunities for children from preschool to fifth grade.
o Create schedule, strategically considering calendar, timing, topic and touch-point opportunities
o Plan strategic learning processes
o Build and disciple volunteer team
o Train team in “discipleship” methods of reaching children preschool to fifth grade
• Oversee, plan and execute spiritually sound, creative, fun and challenging Sunday School for pre-school and children to fifth grade that will lead to the understanding and knowledge in Jesus Christ.
o Create schedule, strategically considering calendar, timing, topic and touch-point opportunities. Train, lead and disciple volunteers
o Plan lesson process to accomplish spiritual growth
o Build and disciple volunteer team
• Oversee, plan and execute spiritually sound, creative, fun and challenging promotional and information-filled communications plan for preschoolers, children, parents, volunteers and church body, creating multi-generational outreach
o Through all available channels (GroupMe, Instagram, Facebook, email, bulletin, video announcements, etc.) create and execute pertinent communication regarding events, changes, updates, Scripture, celebrations of accomplishments, important events, dates of preschoolers and children.
Serve and Share
• Oversee, plan and execute spiritually sound, creative, fun and challenging day-trips, camps, and other worship opportunities; studying the benefits of how to interact with children and parents in methods of leadership that teaches Jesus while discipling parents in becoming the example of living for Christ.
o Includes but not limited to: day camps, day trips, mission trips, summer camps (CentriKids, Awana, KidzLife, Vacation Bible School, etc.)
o Build relationships with families, creating a base of interest for leaders to attend such trips and events and carry over to be the spiritual leader of their homes.
• Oversee, plan and execute spiritually sound, creative, fun and challenging ministry opportunities for summer interns.
o Create schedule, strategically considering calendar, timing, topic and touch-point opportunities to provide interns with worthwhile ministry experiences that assist ISBC’s mission while expanding the vision for and discipling the student as well.
o Participate in the promotion of the position and bettering and choosing of the intern candidates.
• Attend weekly meetings of family ministry team
• Active involvement in a POD Squad (Personal On-going Discipling Squad)
• Oversee, plan, and execute spiritually sound, creative, fun and challenging ways for children to build relationships not only with each other, but strengthen their relationships with their parents and Christ, creating a foundation of faith as they grow.
• Following ISBC policy, offer private counsel to children, families and leaders as needed and using appropriate judgement and discretion in maintain confidentiality
• Developing and maintaining safe and clean learning environment for children
• Creating and enforcing rules for safety and security in the nursery and Sunday School area, including managing the check-in system and assist in setup, cleanup and maintenance of events and property
• Work with supervisor to develop and manage children’s ministry budget
• Coordinate baptism of applicable with child candidate, family, volunteers, etc.
• Be available and help coordinate or assist family dedications when applicable
• Work with administrative staff to have supplies and orders needed in advance
• Work with supervisor on communication, promotion and tie-ins of needs, programs, and opportunities with children and church body
• Keep staff and pastoral care pastor aware of all prayer requests and needs involving children and their families, including illnesses and hospital stays and visiting with able
• Attend funerals and visitations for members and extended family of children in your ministry at Indian Springs Baptist Church
• Be available, if needed, to substitute teach a Sunday School class
• Lead volunteers with a “multiplier” mentality and role model how discipling children and their families should look.
• From an accredited college or university, a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, counseling or ministry is preferred. Ministry education, training and experience is considered a bonus.
• At least five years’ experience in early childhood education, counseling or ministry; or combination of all
• At least five years’ experience in a ministerial role (volunteer, part-time, full-time all considered)
• Background in the Baptist Church
• Be willing to become a member of Indian Springs Baptist Church if not already
• Demonstrated ability to minister and comfort others with a compassionate presence and care
• Affirm and abide by the tenets of the ISBC by-laws and policies and the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
• Possess computer skills knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other programs to help maximize role
Benefits: Insurance package, mileage reimbursed, portion of cell phone bill reimbursed
Ministry supervision: Executive Pastor